Jio and Meta have joined hands to offer grocery shopping through the integration of JioMart and WhatsApp. The company is claiming the service as the first of its kind all across the globe where customers can start their grocery shopping just by texting “Hi” to +91 79770-79770 on WhatsApp.
The facility lets users browse the complete JioMart grocery store on WhatsApp, add/delete products to the cart, and make payments through UPI integration to place the order. WhatsApp has a reach userbase of about 500 million in India and Jio is aiming to expand JioMart by making a partnership with WhatsApp-owned Meta.
We have created a step-by-step guide to show you the method of shopping grocery on JioMart through your WhatsApp mobile app. You can shop for your daily groceries, dairy, personal care products, and other home and kitchen items.
How to order groceries from JioMart on WhatsApp
1. Open WhatsApp and Send “Hi” to the official number +91 79770 79770.
2. You will receive a couple of responses from the other side. Tap on the ‘Get Started’ option.
3. Tap on the ‘View Catalog’ option to browse through the products.
ALSO READ: How To Pay UPI Through Credit Card On Google Pay, PhonePe, & Paytm
ALSO READ: How to translate text on your Android phone using Google Lens
4. Edit the PIN code for your delivery location.
5. Add products to the cart by tapping the ‘+’ symbol in front of the items or click on items and tap the ‘Add to Cart’ option.
6. Click on ‘View Cart’ and hit the “Send to Business” button.
7. Tap on the ‘Provide Address’ option, enter your delivery address and confirm the same.
8. It will ask you to choose your payment method from options – Cash on Delivery, Pay on JioMart, and Pay on WhatsApp.
9. Click on the ‘Review and pay’ option to check the cart and proceed to payment.
10. Tap on the ‘Send Payment’ option and select your UPI ID if multiple accounts are linked.
11. Enter your UPI PIN and boom, you’re done with grocery shopping JioMart. You will receive a confirmation message saying “Your order has been successfully placed.”
Please note that it is necessary to link your UPI ID on WhatsApp to place a prepaid order on JioMart otherwise you can choose the cash-on delivery option.
Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg said about the partnership with Jio, “Excited to launch our partnership with JioMart in India. This is our first-ever end-to-end shopping experience on WhatsApp — people can now buy groceries from JioMart right in a chat. Business messaging is an area with real momentum and chat-based experiences like this will be the go-to way people and businesses communicate in the years to come.”