Your phone may be blocked sometimes due to rules and regulations set by the PTA, but don’t worry, it won’t ruin your life. To unblock a phone blocked by the PTA, all you need to do is go through this article and follow the instructions.
PTA blocked your phone, why?
When your cell phone has been used for some time, it will most likely get blocked if you have not registered it with PTA. Registering your phone is important as it allows PTA to identify those devices that have been imported legally and those that have been brought illegally into Pakistan. In most cases, these cellphones are either unregistered with PTA or must be used in other countries if the owner brought them with them to the country.
How To Unblock Your PTA Blocked Phone
The following steps tell you how to unblock a blocked phone:
- You will see a menu on the bottom right corner of the official PTA website. Choose the very last option “Online Mobile Registration” to proceed.
- When you select this option, a new tab will automatically open that will direct you to create a new account and create a new account.
- The website will ask for your personal information such as your name, phone number, email address, street address, city, passport number, as well as a password.
- You’ll receive an email receipt once you have completed the sign-up form.
- You will be emailed an activation link through which you can get access to your account.
- Please log in to your new account and register your phone.
- There is only one free mobile phone that you can register in a year. Any additional cellphones you may wish to register will have to be taxed.
- Your IMEI number, which can be found on the phone box, will also be required.
- After you have submitted the form, a text message will appear on your phone with your PSID number and COC ID.
- Any tax amount you need to pay for your device will also be mentioned in the SMS.
- Pay the tax at any major bank branch in Pakistan like MCB, ABL, or NBP, to get your PTA blocked phone registered.
- If you pay, you will receive a text message stating your phone is now PTA approved.
How much tax will you need to pay?
You will be charged tax accordingly to the price you have paid for the phone, even if you have brought it from abroad.